A campaign has been started by Freckleton in Bloom to plant real poppies to coincide with the centenary of World War 1.
The Village of Flower & Music
Freckleton is located in the Fylde, Lancashire,
England, UK, just north of the river Ribble. It is one of the oldest
Fylde villages. Historically, Freckleton’s main industry is
agriculture but there was a time when it was a sea port with boat
building and sail making.
The Freckleton web site is a showcase for the
village. It provides information about local history, the shops,
pubs, restaurants, council, businesses, facilities, services and
amenities that are available locally.
There are also pictures from around the village
as well as information about the Lancashire Coastal Way and links
to everything we can find of relevance to Freckletonians.
Please use the menu at
the top of the page to navigate the site.
Freckleton in Bloom - 23.03.14
A campaign has been started by Freckleton in Bloom to plant real poppies to coincide with the WW1 centenary. The bright red Flanders poppies, also known as corn poppies, will be planted all over Freckleton in spring for flowering late July/early August. We would like to see the whole village blooming with real Flanders poppies during August and invite you all to join in this commemoration; all you have to do is scatter poppy seeds over your garden <Poster>.
Fylde Council referendum - 01.03.14
Fylde Council has received a petition seeking to change the council's existing leader and cabinet system of governance to a committee system. Under the Localism Act 2011 and other legislation, the council must now hold a referendum about the proposal. The referendum will be held on 22 May this year, in conjunction with the European Parliamentary election <more>
Community Notice board vandalised - 25.02.14
We have been informed that the Community notice board has been damaged and the left hand side glass door has been forced open. The only missing notice is the one relating to the report on the drilling on the marsh. Should anyone have missed the notice prior to its removal the report is available on the Parish Council web site. <here>
news items >>Submit
a news item >>
Rawstorne Sports Centre - 2014
Every Wednesday Night from 7.00pm . Contact Mrs. C. Thomas 07966831166 / 01772679058 or Mrs. Slater 01772633634 / 447895860247
Junior Football section
Warton Typhoons Junior Football Club, run several under 16 teams. Players aged 6 to 15 are always required. Contact Victoria Russell 0795 204 5565
Freckleton Library - April - May 2014
Thursday 10th April - Knit and Natter group's Easter Knitting Sale, 10-12 and 2-4pm.
Thursday 10th April - Pirate Party for children age 7 and under. Have fun with stories, games and crafts. Juice and biscuits to finish. Free event. Tickets available at the library.
Thursday 8th May – 'Hadrian and Antinous'. A talk by Lancaster Castle Historian Colin Penny. 7pm with refreshments served at 6.30pm. Tickets £2.00 available at the library.
Friday 30th May - 'Mad hatters Tea Party' 2-3pm. Fun event for children age 5-8 years. Games, crafts, stories with cake and juice to finish.
an event >>
96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood. Please don’t leave it to someone else. If you’re generally healthy and aged between 17 and 65, do something amazing.... Give blood. To make an appointment or to sign up as a blood donor please click <here>. Saturday 19th April 2014 Freckleton Freckleton C of E Primary School, School Lane, Freckleton, PR4 1PJ 10.00am – 12.30pm & 2.00pm – 4.00pm
If anyone would like copies of the original
pictures on the site then please send a request with the name/number of
the picture(s) to
The pictures are 'Donationware'. We request that you make a donation
to the Freckleton
Younger Years Charity, which is working towards building a Youth Club
in the village.
Clubs, Organisation's and Contacts
Our contacts page contains names, addresses and contact details for all
the Freckleton Clubs and Organisation we know about. There are also a
number of useful links and telephone numbers for local service providers.
If we have missed anyone then please let us know. <more>
Is your Freckleton business listed? If not, please send
us your details via e-mail for your FREE listing.
We have a number of useful services that we can offer
to Freckletonians. Click here or
on the 'Extras' logo to find out more.
The Freckleton web site is an independent community
project for the benefit of all. We do not represent or speak for any official
village or council organisation's.
Whilst I make every attempt to ensure the accuracy of
all information on the site I cannot guarantee it. Please let me know
if you find any mistakes, errors or omissions!
WANTED - News items, Events and Local Business
Do you know of any events or activities being
organised in Freckleton? Have we missed your business? Know any interesting
If so, please let me know. Contact me at
If you have any suggestions for the site please contact
<more Help Me