Schools in Freckleton
Freckleton C.E. Primary
PR 4 1PJ
Headteacher: Mrs Rachael Ainsworth
Tel: 01772 632350
Fax: 01772 679369
Freckleton C.E. Primary School is an
"Aided " Church of England school for boys and girls from
the age of 4 until 11 years of age. In 2001 it was awarded the Basic
Skills Quality Mark and also a School Achievement Award. The motto
of the school is "In fide scientia consistat" "Let
knowledge be grounded in faith" and as such has close links
to the Holy Trinity Church in Freckleton where the children attend
services throughout the school year. The curriculum is broad and
progressive but also gives priority to the acquisition of basic
academic skills. The children are taught in a friendly and stimulating
environment by caring and hardworking staff. Out of school activities
are encouraged and a variety of these are run by staff throughout
the year. Private music schemes in both woodwind and brass instruments
plus the guitar are also available and these are run during and
after school. For a brochure and any further information on the
school, please contact the school on the number given. They will
be only too pleased to assist you.
The school is attached to the Blackburn Diocese who can be found
for the OfSTED report
PR 4 1PJ
Wishes is the name of the parent, teacher
and friend group that supports Freckleton Church of England School
and stands for "Working to Improve Standards of Happiness,
Equality and Success".
The Committee is comprised of parents and teachers.
They actively work towards assisting the school in many different
ways but also by arranging various events throughout the year to
provide funding for equipment, sports strips, educational visits
and many more.
In the last few years amongst other things, they have supplied library books, funded Christmas parties, supplemented transport for educational visits, helped with the purchase of outdoor play equipment and paid for our leavers’ party.
Freckleton Strike Lane
… learning in action
About our school
Strike Lane Primary is a community school where close links exist with the churches in the locality. School first opened in 1965 to support the growth of the local community and continues to give a warm welcome to all pupils. We have extensive school grounds which incorporates a large playing field, a wildlife area with a pond and willow structures.
Why Strike Lane?
· Wonderful surroundings to enrich and broaden your child’s experiences and education.
· Fantastic involvement with our local community e.g., Wildlife area, Environmental days.
· Blue Bear pre-school, located on the school site.
· Wide range of extra-curricular activities and inter school sports events.
· Breakfast and After-School clubs.
· The Orchard Children’s Centre, based on the school site.
· Fantastic attainment and achievement for all pupils.
Click for the OfSTED report
· Numerous sporting clubs including Football, Badminton, Netball, Kwik Cricket, Athletics, Hockey Rounders and Tennis.
· A wide range of other clubs including Eco Club, ICT, Gardening, Choir, Arts and Crafts, Sewing, Circuits, Physical Phonics, Maths in Motion, Science and Story Club.
· Breakfast Club open from 7.40am to 8.50am and After-School club from 3.25pm to 5.45pm.
Headteacher: Sarah Bamber
Tel/Fax: 01772 632724
Outstanding OFSTED inspection (March 2013) and Outstanding OfSTED transition from Reception to Year 1 (April 2012). A very successful Care Club Ofsted report (March 2012)
Gained Green Flag, Fairtrade, National Healthy School status and Primary Quality Mark.
One form entry since September 2012. Stimulating whole school curriculum with themed weeks such as Maths week, Safety week, Eco week, Media & Literacy, Science, RE, MADD (Music,Art,Drama & Dance) and exciting educational visits to Boreatton Park in Shropshire.
Amazing performances at Christmas and Easter as well as a fantastic Shakespeare production in the Summer.
An active School Council, School Food Trust Council and Eco council.
Fifth consecutive North West in Bloom award.
OfSTED March 2013
'Pupils make outstanding progress’.
Pupils thrive both personally and academically within this happy and caring school.
From the very youngest to the oldest, pupils have exceptionally positive attitudes to learning. Their behaviour is exemplary and they take pleasure in looking after each other.
Pupils reflect deeply on personal values and very successfully develop skills for learning which prepare them for the future.
· 'Teachers are amazing and give us inspiration to help make our work better·
All staff believe that each individual pupil should be given every possible opportunity to succeed.
Relationships with parents are very strong. They appreciate the warmth and family atmosphere and feel that their children 'come on in leaps and bounds', whatever their level of ability.
The curriculum provides a wealth of exciting and engaging experiences.
||Our links with the community
· Strong links with the local churches, with the clergy leading whole school assemblies each month.
· Active participation in local events such as Club day, Horticultural show and Freckleton in Bloom.
· Active Friends of Strike Lane who organise many events such as Discos, Bingo nights, DVD night, Garden Party and many more.
· Parents and the community are regularly invited into school for class assemblies, progress cups and open days.
· Environmental days.
· Monthly contributions to the Parish newsletter with diaries of events and achievements in school.
· The Orchard Children’s Centre providing extensive support for families in Freckleton Warton, Westby and Lytham with children aged 0-5.
· Blue Bear pre-school open 5 days a week for children aged 2-4 years with a baby room too, during school hours.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed at any time. If you would like to visit the school please contact the Headteacher to arrange an appointment. School prospectuses are available from school and it can also be viewed under the 'School Prospectus' section on our website.
We look forward to inviting you into our school.
Kirkham Carr Hill
11-18 High School
Carr Hill 11-18 High School
Tel: 01772 682008
Fax: 01772 637048
Type of school: Comprehensive
School category: Community
Carr Hill is a mixed comprehensive school for 11 to 18 year olds
and serves the whole of the rural Fylde. Freckleton is in the catchment
area for Carr Hill. The school is maintained by Lancashire County
Council, possesses excellent purpose-built accommodation, and is
set in extensive, landscaped grounds close to the centre of Kirkham.
Opened in 1957, the school admitted its first comprehensive intake
in 1977 and has developed a good academic record: each year a large
number of students leave the Sixth Form to enter colleges and university
(including Oxford and Cambridge).
We expect students entering the school will wish to devote themselves
to serious study, to conduct themselves in a polite manner at all
times, and to take advantage of the many educational opportunities
which the school has to offer.
Extracts from the Ofsted report October 2000
Kirkham Carr Hill is a good and effective school. Good teaching
and pastoral support help students to make the most of themselves.
They achieve good results and develop mature and responsible attitudes.
Standards are good in the sixth form, which the school funds slightly
generously, though its value for money is satisfactory. Leadership
is very strong. The school is caring and well managed.
for the OfSTED report